This is an analysis of the poem Miriam Tazewell that begins with:
When Miriam Tazewell heard the tempest bursting
And his wrathy whips across the sky drawn crackling ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bbbX XXcc ddXX Xbbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100100101010 101010101110 1101111011 101100101010 101110110010 111011111101 10110001000010 01110010100 10011110110 010011011000 010101001110 100100110110 0010100110110 10100111001110 1011010001110 1010101001010 0100100011110 0100001111100 110100111010 11110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 199
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Miriam Tazewell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.