This is an analysis of the poem April Treason that begins with:
So he took her as anointed
In the part he had appointed, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddXbcc bbXXcc aaeeff ggeedd Xaaddff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 00111010 11111010 10111010 101110001 1110111 10101010 10111110 10001010 10100010 111011101 0010101 11100110 10111010 10101010 10101110 101111101 1011101 11111110 10011010 10001010 10100010 101110101 1111101 11101110 11101010 11100010 10101010 1000011101 1010101 10101110 11101110 11101010 10110010 111010111 1010011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 204
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines april is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of April Treason;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.