This is an analysis of the poem Mark Antony that begins with:
Whenas the nightingale chanted her vespers,
And the wild forester couched on the ground,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacccdEED aXaXcccdEED bfbfddddEED bgbgeeXdEED
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,11,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010010010 1011001101 100101011010 1001010101 110111 110100 101110 101101 101100 101100 0010101 11010111110 111001101 11010111110 11010110110 110101 110101 101111 111101 101100 101100 0010101 10010101010 110101111 10110110110 1001011011 101101 110101 100111 101110 101100 101100 0010101 10010010010 1001001001 010010110010 1001010101 110100 110100 001100 110111 101100 101100 0010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 339
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word queen at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mark Antony;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.