This is an analysis of the poem The Shepherds Calendar - December that begins with:
While snow the window-panes bedim,
The fire curls up a sunny charm,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaaabcbc bdbXebeb Xbcbdfdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010110 010110101 110100101 010010101 11011101 11010001 11011101 110101011 110101010 11010101 1000101010 01010100 10010101 101011101 01010101 11010001 11011101 01010101 11011101 01010101 01010101 10010101 11110101 110010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Shepherds Calendar - December;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.