This is an analysis of the poem Christians, Awake, Salute The Happy Morn that begins with:
1. Christians, awake, salute the happy morn
Whereon the Savior of the world was born.1... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbaa cXddcX eefXgg XaccaX cXhhhh ffiiff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11001010101 1001000111 1001010001 1101010001 0001010110 0101010101 11001010011 11111010110 1101000101 01110100101 0111010101 0101010101 1111101001010 01010101010 0100010111 11011010010 1101011101 1011110100 1010111010101 0101011111 110101011 0101000101 1011110101 1111010101 11111110011 1101010110 1101110111 0011000101 1001010101 11110010111 111111110101 0101010101 1111010101 0111010101 1101010111 01010100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word this is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Christians, Awake, Salute The Happy Morn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.