This is an analysis of the poem Of The Flie At The Candle that begins with:
hat ails this fly thus desperately to enter
A combat with the candle? Will she venture... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffggbb g ddffhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 110111000010 01000100110 0111011101 1101111111 1101000101 1101011011 1111011101 1101110101 1101010101 1111011001 1101011111 1111011101 1101011101 1101010111 1101010101 1101111101 0100 0100110011 1101001101 0101010001 1111010101 1101010111 1001010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Of The Flie At The Candle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.