This is an analysis of the poem An Introduction To The Ensuing Discourse. that begins with:
These lines I at this time present
To all that will them heed,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efeg hehb gcgc baba cici bcbc jdjd fdfd akXk fcfc XaXaXfdfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 011001 01110101 111001 11111101 111111 11110101 1001011 11011101 101111 10010101 111111 11011111 110101 11011001 110101 11111101 110111 11010101 111101 11010111 1001001 10010111 110001 01101111 011111 01000101 110101 01011101 111101 11001111 110100 01111001 1101011 11111101 011111 11110101 011111 11010101 010101 11110111 111101 11111101 110111 01101101 111111 01111101 111111 11111111 010001 110111100 110101 11111111 111101 11110101 1001011
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, by, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words for, by, that are repeated.
The author used the same words for, or at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Introduction To The Ensuing Discourse.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.