This is an analysis of the poem To My Little Blanid that begins with:
I told her a story, a fairy story,
My little daughter with eyes of blue...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXaXXXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001001010 110100101 10111101010 111111001 1111101010 110101111 10001101010 101010101 1111001110 101101101 0101001010 111101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 529
- Average number of words per stanza: 95
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To My Little Blanid;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.