This is an analysis of the poem The Well's Secret that begins with:
I KNEW it all my boyhood: in a lonesome valley meadow,
Like a dryad's mirror hidden by the wood's dim arches near; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gege hfhf ijij
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111100101011 10110101011101 011101111111011 1110101110010111 11111101101010 0010010101010101 110101000101010 1111111110010001 1111101010101010 101110101011101 1110011011101010 101010101110101 1010101010101010 1010010101111101 1110101110111010 001101101110111 1010101000101110 11111101011001 1010011110101100 101010101010101 1111101010101011 011010100110101 110111011111111 111010101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 62 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Well's Secret;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.