This is an analysis of the poem The Unhappy One that begins with:
“HE is false to the heart!' she said, stern-lipped; 'he is all untruth;
He promises fair as a tree in blossom, and then ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX bbbbcdcd eeffXX gghhffeeffbb bXiibbee hhXbjjffbbX iiX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,8,6,12,8,11,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 101001111110101 1100110101011 01010111111 110110111101001 101011010111101 001001101010011101 110010111101001 01110100100100101 110010110110111 1101100111011101 1010100100101111 101001001010101 1110010100111110101 1110110101011001101 11111010011010101 00101101011011111 10100111111111010 11001011111111010 1110101111100101001 11101100110111111 00101101100111100101 011011011111010101 000011111110101 110010101111001 110011110111111101 11110111100110100101 101111011110101001 01011011011100101 01101010001001001 011110111010101 111111011011101001 1110101111101001100 11001110110100111 1010110110110110111 01001011001111011001 11110100110111001 10011001011100111 11001101101001101 0111001111111111 101011011110101111 11011111000110100101 11001100110110111 0111111111110101 111010010010101 101001001010110101 01010100110101101 100111010101100101 11111110111110101 11011111011101010 11111010001111111 01110001110100111 1111111110011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 538
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 72 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 14
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it, life, for, ', i, my, of, but, to, had, its, as are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Unhappy One;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.