This is an analysis of the poem Night Poetry 2 that begins with:
Oh! no! I would not love again
E'en had I still the power given;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aababcdc deXebddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 1011101010 11110111 1010101010 01110111 010101010 11111101 010101110 11011101 011011010 11011101 110101110 11111101 11011101 11110111 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 301
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Night Poetry 2;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.