This is an analysis of the poem Love's Secret that begins with:
LOVE found them sitting in a woodland place,
His amorous hand amid her golden tresses; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aXXc adad XXXXXdcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101000111 010010101010 1111010101 110110000010 1111010101 11111101110 11011110111 11010101110 1101111101 01010101010 1101010101 11011111010 1101011101 11010101010 11010101100 11011111010 11110111001 11111111010 1101111101 11110111010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ', and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, they are repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Secret;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.