This is an analysis of the poem Love's Sacrifice that begins with:
LOVE'S Herald flew o'er all the fields of Greece,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaa bbbb cdcd bebe abab fafa eXeXXcaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011010101 101 110111000 1111010101 0101001101 011010100111 0101000101 1111011101 11110100101 0101010101 0101110001 0111010111 0111010100 1101000101 1101000101 1101000101 1111010101 1111000101 0111011101 1111011101 1011010101 11010101010 1101010101 11111101010 1101010111 1111111101 1111111110 1101010101 1111110111 111101111 1111110101 0101001111 0111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, so, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, a, their are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Sacrifice;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.