This is an analysis of the poem Golu that begins with:
ONCE I had a little sweetheart
In the land of the Malay,— ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBacdaXa adedecfc XdadacgB XhXXchfh XaaagcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101011 0010010 10101011 1110101 00111010 1000111 10101010 11100101 10101011 111111 00111110 10000101 11111110 0011101 10101110 10111001 10101110 1110011 10101011 1010001 11111011 10010101 11101010 0010010 11101110 1110111 10101111 0110101 11111001 1110101 11101010 0011001 11111010 1011001 11111011 1010101 11111010 1110101 11101010 1010010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, we are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Golu;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.