This is an analysis of the poem At School that begins with:
The bees are in the meadow
And the swallows in the sky;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcXefefXdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110011 1010001 0100011 1010101 0101010 010111 0101010 1010101 1101010 10111001 10111010 011101 0101010 1010101 0101010 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 465
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, where are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At School;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.