This is an analysis of the poem A Message Of Peace that begins with:
THERE once was a pirate, greedy and bold,
Who ravaged for gain, and saved the spoils; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aXac dXdX aaaa eeffddgg bbaaaffccbbf Xhhcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,8,12,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1110101011 110111101 10100100111 110010101 111101111 11100111110 1111100111 0011100111 111010111 1110111001 0101101101 0111110101 1011101101 010101101 0100100111 1110101101 1101101011 101010101 1110110101 10110111111 10110101001 01101101001 111001001001 11100101001 00100100101 01011001001 0110100101 11011011010 1101111111 1110101101 111100111 0100111111 1010010101 010100111 0010110101 1101110111 1000100101 010100101 01011101 010011111 0100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, his, he, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, a are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Message Of Peace;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.