This is an analysis of the poem Vetiver that begins with:
Ages passed slowly, like a load of hay,
As the flowers recited their lines ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcbdX XXeXaebXbXbd edaXcaeaebXXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,12,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1011010101 101001011 1111010001 0111001 011110 1100101001010 0100101000101 010111010110 100110101 101110101011 0101111000100 1101110111 110010110 101000110101 00100110101111 10110101001 101011 1010001110011 110001010100 1111110101 1011001000 11011111000 10111101001 10111010001 1110101011 01010101101 010010111 01001011101 11001100011 01011001010 111011011010 0010101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 462
- Average number of words per stanza: 83
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, as are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vetiver;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.