This is an analysis of the poem This Room that begins with:
The room I entered was a dream of this room.
Surely all those feet on the sofa were mine. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXX XaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01110101001 10111101001 01010 0011111101 101010011 111010111001 01111011101 001011111111 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of This Room;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.