This is an analysis of the poem Meaningful Love that begins with:
What the bad news was
became apparent too late...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abb ccX dXe affae XebgaX baf dXb aXXX gdbabX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,5,6,3,3,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 0101011 11011010010 111011010 101011101 10111010 0010011001010 1110100 0110101 111110 01111101 11110101 111011 11 10011010101 111111011 01000001 01110110 110110 0100110100 0010110001 10010100110101010 01111 110110110001 011110001 11010011 1110010101 111110100010 111111101 1001001100 11110101 1100101111010 11011110000 1010111010 100010 101111010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Meaningful Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Ashbery
- Analysis of A Voice from the Fireplace
- Analysis of A Worldly Country
- Analysis of Blueprints and Others