This is an analysis of the poem Mean Particles that begins with:
Sometimes something like a second
washes the base of this street....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXXbX XXca bada Xdcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010 1001001 010101010 11001001 100010110 01110011 001010100 1111110 100110100 1111000101 10010 1111001011 001001010110 100011101 00101101011010 110101010 1000101 11010101 111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mean Particles;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.