This is an analysis of the poem Last Month that begins with:
No changes of support—only
Patches of gray, here where sunlight fell. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXXccdXdd XcdbXbad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000110 100111111 011100 1111101 010100011 101101001 0101100001 0010000100 10001110 010111001 011101110 0011001101 01001001 01010111 1111011001 111101101 110110100 0011101001010 100101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 358
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Last Month;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.