This is an analysis of the poem Boundary Issues that begins with:
Here in life, they would understand.
How could it be otherwise? We had groped too, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcd e aXddfXbXeXfeec egXXeXeeaaaXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,1,14,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111101 11001011111 01101001011 11111101111 10111111010 110011111 10001110110100 11101011001 11101010101 101111001010100 00101101011011 0100101011111 1010100001010 01101101010001 101101010001 01111111010010001 11010000010011 001101010101010101 111001111101 110010011011 11001111001010 011010110100100 010010110 1011111010 1101010010100 101101100101010 10001000111111 00101101010001001 0111110101010 01101001101010 1010111010010011 01101110101110110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 428
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word from is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Boundary Issues;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.