This is an analysis of the poem Sang Ved Naturforskermødet I Kjøbenhavn, I Sommeren 1860 that begins with:
Naturens ædle Dyrker begjerer ei den Krands,
Der falmer i Tidernes Vande,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa Xbab XXXc dXdX Xcac XXXc XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100110100111 11011001 1101111111 110110001 1101010111 110011 1100111111 1111101 0110011011 01110010 0101011001 1100110 11001110001 1101011 1110110001 01111001 110001011011 11001110 11011011101 110011010 0101110101 111010010 110111011111 11001010 01011110101 11010101 1101111010 1111001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ei, de, og, han are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words de, og are repeated.
The author used the same words og, de at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sang Ved Naturforskermødet I Kjøbenhavn, I Sommeren 1860;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.