This is an analysis of the poem Den Elskede that begins with:
De hvideste Perler i Havet er spredt,
Og Bølgerne vandre derover,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXbX bXXb cXcX XaXX bXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011001 111100 110111011 10110110 11111101 1101111 10111101 11011111 1111111111 011101 10111111 1111011 111111101 11011100 10111111 1111110 1111111 10110010 110111001 101110 11000111 101111 1101011100 11111001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, saa, maa are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
The author used the same word og at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Den Elskede;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johannes Carsten Hauch
- Analysis of Det Vaagnende Foraar
- Analysis of Aftensang [intet Blad Sig I Skoven Rører]
- Analysis of Da Jeg Var Syg