This is an analysis of the poem The Drops Of Nectar that begins with:
WHEN Minerva, to give pleasure
To Prometheus, her well-loved one,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXXXcacXaXXXXaX cXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100110 01000111 10101010 001001010 10101010 10100110 01011010 10101110 10100110 10101010 11101100 10101010 10101110 10100010 10101110 11111011 10001010 10111010 00101110 11101011 10101011 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 360
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Drops Of Nectar;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.