This is an analysis of the poem Leopold, Duke Of Brunswick that begins with:
THOU wert forcibly seized by the hoary lord of the river,--
Holding thee, ever he shares with thee his streaming domain,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aX XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001101010010 10110110101001 101011011010010 110101110101101 100001011111010 01011011111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 90
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thou is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Leopold, Duke Of Brunswick;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Analysis of From Faust - Vi. Scene--A Garden
- Analysis of Book Of Hafis - To Hafis
- Analysis of Book Of Suleika - Suleika 04