This is an analysis of the poem Trost that begins with:
Hörnerklänge rufen klagend
Aus des Forstes grüner Nacht,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXa XXXXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 111011 0111110 101100 10111100 1110110 11101100 111111 111101 1111 1110111110 1111110 1011111100 1110110 11100100 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Trost;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johann Baptist Mayrhofer
- Analysis of Solo E Pensoso I Più Deserti Campi
- Analysis of Orest Auf Tauris
- Analysis of Uraniens Flucht