This is an analysis of the poem Philoktet that begins with:
Da sitz ich ohne Bogen und starre in den Sand.
Was tat ich dir Ulysses, daß du sie mir entwandt?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011011 111101010111110 11111011011 111110110010 1101011101 111110100110 11011011110 1111110010 01111110 1011111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word die is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Philoktet;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.