This is an analysis of the poem Der Schiffer that begins with:
Im Winde, im Sturme befahr ich den Fluß,
Die Kleider durchweichet der Regen im Guß;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccXX XXdd ddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111110111 11010011011 11110111101 10010011001 11011110111 11011011011 1010011001 1101001100 1111011110 1111010010 111101101 111101101 111101001 11010011001 1101001101 11110111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; im, ich are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Schiffer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.