This is an analysis of the poem Auf Hohem Bergesrücken that begins with:
Auf hohem Bergesrücken,
Wo frischer alles grünt,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,7,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100 11011 111110000 110010 101100 11101111 111100 1111011 110111 0111010 1110000 110010 110111 111011 11111 11110 11110111110 101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; je is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ger is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Auf Hohem Bergesrücken;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.