This is an analysis of the poem Auf Der Donau that begins with:
Auf der Wellen Spiegel schwimmt der Kahn,
Alte Burgen ragen himmelan,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010111 11010100 10010100 111110111 11101101 11111111 11111110100 10111010 1001101 1101110 11101111 101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wo is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word wo is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Auf Der Donau;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.