This is an analysis of the poem Atys that begins with:
Der Knabe seufzt über's grüne Meer,
Vom fernenden Ufer kam er her,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX bXbXXX ccXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 110010100 011110 1101111101 10110101 1100110 11010001 1100111 111110 110111101 11110101 1111010100 11111111110 11101111100 110000010 1110111111 11011110 1011100 1111110111 110111100 111110110 1100111001 1100101 11011100 11011011001 1101001101 11110110 10111100 10110111 0111010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die, ich are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ck is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Atys;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.