This is an analysis of the poem Antigone Und Oedip that begins with:
Ihr hohen Himmlischen erhöret
Der Tochter herzentströmtes Flehen;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XaXa XXXX XbXXb XXXX aXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,5,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010010 11010010 11011110 0110111 1010111 1110111 1110010 110100 101111 11001111 1111101 1011101 11111110 11110010 101111010 01110101 10 1110101 1111011 110111 11110101 1101101 010111 1100110 11011101 1111011 10111010 11101100 11011100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Antigone Und Oedip;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.