This is an analysis of the poem Til Legationsraad Gierlew that begins with:
Det tydske Sprog er ei min Sag,
Thi kan jeg ei mod Pakken tage....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaab XXXXXX XcXdXc XXXXXX dXXXXX XXXXXb XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111 11111101 11110110 1101111 111111111 111111 1110111 111101100 11101101 1111101 1111111 111111 1001101 1100101 11011110 11110011 1101111 1111101 1101111 11110010 10110100 1111111 11011111 1111010 11011101 1100011 1111011 11111101 11011101 10110010 11111101 1101011 1011111 11011111 1111111 11010111 101011 10111100 110101100 1111110 11111100 11011010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ei, mig, kald, n, jeg are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words af, saa are repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Til Legationsraad Gierlew;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.