This is an analysis of the poem Solen Sank Bag Grønne Lund that begins with:
Solen sank bag grønne Lund,
Og den klare, fulde Maane...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXXXX XXXbXXXXX XXXXXaaXX XXabXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 11111 101111 101010 111000 111001 1011101 11011 100111 11110 1111111 1110111 11111 1011101 111111 111011 110111 11110 11110011 111110 11111 1001111 1110 101101 11111 1111101 111100 110011 1110110 1010111 111111 101111 101110 1000111 0110100 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Solen Sank Bag Grønne Lund;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of Storstuen
- Analysis of Til Johan Welhaven
- Analysis of Til Lanterna-Magica-Doublanten I Sorøe