This is an analysis of the poem Paa Kirkegaarden that begins with:
I denne Kirke din Haand du mig gav,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX aXX XXXXX aXXXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,5,5,3,3,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 11111011 111011 01 1101011101 101011 10 111100110 111111 101111 11110 01 1100101001 0110110 011101111 11111000 10 11011111 111111 1 11001001011 11101101 100 110110101 1111011 11101111 1111111 10 11011111 1101100 110111011 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 112
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Paa Kirkegaarden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.