This is an analysis of the poem Liden Kirsten that begins with:
De Bølger rulle saa tungt afsted,
Liden Kirsten stander ved Havets Bred....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXX XXaaX XXXaX bbXXX XXXXX XXXXX aXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111110 1010101101 11011111 1111101101 11011 11111111011 1101101101 01111111 01111101 11011 110111111 11001110 1111111 110110101 11011 1111111 110111111 110001111 11110101 11011 111101101 110110110 111101010 110111101 11011 010111111 110110110 111111101 11111111 11011 1010101101 1100101100 1101111 1111101 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, saa, og, den are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words de, og are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word lger at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Liden Kirsten;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.