This is an analysis of the poem Fredrik Og Clara that begins with:
Jeg kom bag Plankeværket
Og slap i Haven ind....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXaXXX XbXXaXXXXXXX bcbcXXXXaXXX bXbXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100 111101 110111 11100 1111 1111 111111 11101 01011111010 11111001111 100110101100 1001010100110 1100110 11110 1101110 01011 111110 101111 1111110 110001 11110101101 1111111111 100110101100 1001010100110 1101110 110101 111110 101101 111110 11101 1101100 110111 111111111 100111110100 100110101100 1001010100110 1111010 11100 1111010 11111 11110 11011 111110 110101 1101111011 11011011110 100110101100 1101100110110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 372
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; til, den, idag are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word imorgen is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word idag at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fredrik Og Clara;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of Færgemanden
- Analysis of Gjæstekammeret
- Analysis of Gravskrift Over Kgl. Skuespiller N. P. Nielsen