This is an analysis of the poem Der Er I Himlen En Dreng Saa Smuk that begins with:
Der er i Himlen en Dreng saa smuk,
Troe du mig!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAXAXX bAbAXX XAXAXX XAXAXX XAXAcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101111 101 1111001 101 111 1101 110101111 101 111101101 101 1111 1101 110111101 101 11010101 101 1011 1111 1111111 101 100101110 101 1001 111 11111111 101 11011111 101 1111 111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Er I Himlen En Dreng Saa Smuk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of Det Banker Paa Døren. Kom Ind!
- Analysis of Det Danske Flag
- Analysis of Det Er En Gammel Sandhed, Ofte Prøvet