This is an analysis of the poem Claras Eensomhed that begins with:
Nu vanker jeg atter til Haven hen,
Men Fredrik er ei i dens Gange....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXbXXb bXXXXXXccaXXX XXbXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,13,13,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101101 11001111 100110110 11011111 11101011 11111 11110 1101110 1110 1101111 110111 11101101 11011011 0111111111 11010011 110111101 11011010 111011110 110111 111100 11101 11010 11011101 110110 110111010 11011011 11111111111 11111110 110111101 1101101 1111110 1101010 110100 11111 110001 01011011 111110 110111101 0111111 111111100 1111011 11111101 11110001 111101111 1110110 111011 10111 11111 111111010 11111 11101111 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 400
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, d, jeg are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word men is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Claras Eensomhed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of Den Frivillige I Indkvartering
- Analysis of Den Hellige Anders
- Analysis of Den Sidste Prøve