This is an analysis of the poem Kom Lad Os Drikke Egen Skaal that begins with:
Kom lad os drikke egen Skaal:
Gud lade Smaafolk leve!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXX bXbXcXcX XXXXXcXX XXXXXXdX XdXXXXXX cXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 11101 1011111 110111 1011100 1111010 1111100 1111010 1111111 11111 110111 11110 111111 111010 1111111 110110 11011101 111011 110111 11111 11111000 110111 1101110 1111010 11111 11110 1111110 110100 1110100 1111 1101111 100111 1110010 111101 101110 11111 11100111 011111 111011 110110 11010001 110101 11100100 111111 0111101 1101 11110100 110111 11111101 111101 1111101 110001 111111 1111100 11010111 1101100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words og, ei are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kom Lad Os Drikke Egen Skaal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.