This is an analysis of the poem It's been a long time that begins with:
NOTES FROM THE REVOLUTION
During the beat of this story you may find other beats. I mean...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a aab cdd XXdXb caX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,3,5,3,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001010 1001001011110111 01111011111110110 010101010100100 0010111001110111 10010010001001 001001 01110111111000 00110001111011111 0110111010011011 1111010110110001 0100 1111010110111 0111011111101 11101011 11100111101111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, mean, it, to, you, my, long, shadows are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It's been a long time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joanne Kyger
- Analysis of October 29, Wednesday
- Analysis of From 'Places To Go'
- Analysis of Descartes And The Splendor Of