This is an analysis of the poem Mars, Vergogneux D'Avoir Donné Tant D'Heur that begins with:
Mars, vergogneux d'avoir donné tant d'heur
A ses neveux que l'impuissance humaine...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXab XXXX Xba XXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 110010111 0110110010 10011001 10101101 100011010 100110111 1011111010 11011010 1110111011 1010110011 111100111 11110101011 1011111101 1111001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mars, Vergogneux D'Avoir Donné Tant D'Heur;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joachim du Bellay
- Analysis of Digne Fils De Henri, Notre Hercule Gaulois,
- Analysis of De Voir Mignon Du Roi Un Courtisan Honnête,
- Analysis of Dedans Le Ventre Obscur, Où Jadis Fut Enclos