This is an analysis of the poem Je Ne Découvre Ici Les Mystères Sacrés that begins with:
Je ne découvre ici les mystères sacrés
Des saints prêtres romains, je ne veux rien écrire...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa aXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11111101101 111101111111 11110110010 1111011110110 111011111101 111011010111 11111111111011 111010111011 1110011011 111010011 111111011100 111111100110 111111010111110 111111111100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; je, que are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word et is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines e is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Je Ne Découvre Ici Les Mystères Sacrés;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joachim du Bellay
- Analysis of Comme Le Marinier, Que Le Cruel Orage
- Analysis of Divins Esprits, Dont La Poudreuse Cendre
- Analysis of Si Celui Qui S'Apprête À Faire Un Long Voyage