This is an analysis of the poem There Are Black that begins with:
There are black guards slamming cell gates
on black men,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacdc XdceXaa cceaaaacc XcafggXab Xhcccb ghXcdcXaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,9,9,6,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011 111 1111001011 010111 11110011 1111110 011111110111 111001010 1010011110 110101010101 1010100010110 101111100 10101110101 10001110011 011111111 1001001101 1010101010 11101011 1001010111 0110101101 10011101101 11011100110 10110111001 11001101 01101101011 10011111 101011101100101 101010011010 10010010010 10110110110 00110011000100100 11110011101 1010011010 1110101011 1011010110110 111111011 001011111 01111011 10101010 0101111010010100 110101001011 100011011110 00101111110 1010111 110111000101 111010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 305
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, so, in, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, they are repeated.
The author used the same words there, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines men, mummy are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of There Are Black;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.