This is an analysis of the poem Choices that begins with:
An acquaintance at Los Alamos Labs
who engineers weapons...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcdeafaggahXdaeiadjdggeXjfahiXXjbfgecX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111001 110110 1101111 10101 1110 101101 111 101101 11101 010110100011 1110101 11100110 110110 010011110 11010 1010 1111 1110011 0111111 110101010 11111 100110110 110011 00111 010 10101010 100001 1111 0001101 0100100010 111 011111101 11111001 0110 01 11 0011 111010 110 10001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 998
- Average number of words per stanza: 184
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Choices;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.