This is an analysis of the poem Duniya Ke Sitam Yaad Na Apni Hi Wafa Yaad that begins with:
Duniya ke sitam yaad na apni hi wafa yaad
ab mujh ko nahi kuch bhi muhabbat ke siva yaad...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10011011101101 11110111001101 1100011111101 1011100011101 1110101101100 11111111101 1010110011110 1111111001101 111111101111 1110111101101 11111111011101 1111110100111 111110010110 111010110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 300
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; yaad, ke, e, han are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word han is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines yaad is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word yaad at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Duniya Ke Sitam Yaad Na Apni Hi Wafa Yaad;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jigar Moradabadi
- Analysis of Ishq Fana Ka Naam Hai Ishq Mein Zindagi Na Dekh
- Analysis of Tabiyat In Dinon Begana-E-Gam Hoti Jati Hai
- Analysis of Hamako Mita Sake Ye Zamane Mein Dam Nahi