This is an analysis of the poem The Comet that begins with:
Last week we started out in glee,
The boys and Bertha, Aunt and me, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabcccb XXXdeeed fffdgggd hhhieeei
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 01110111 01010101 010 11010101 11010111 00010001 100 111010101 11000101 0101001011 110 11010101 10010111 01110100 110 01110101 11010101 01010101 110 01110101 11010101 11011111 010 11010101 11110101 11110101 010 11010101 11011111 11111111 010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 270
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, ', in, too are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Comet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.