This is an analysis of the poem Play The Game that begins with:
Twenty-Two stalwarts in stripes and shorts
Kicking a ball along, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacac ddddefef gegehihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101100111 100101 100101011 101101 100101001 1001001 1010001101 101001101 11110101 01101001 11101101 1101011 101110101 10100101 10110111 10100111 110110111 1100101 0111100101 110101 0100101001 101001 11101111111 00101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 283
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Play The Game;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.