This is an analysis of the poem Det Er Stævnemødets Time that begins with:
Det er Stævnemødets Time!
Det er Stævnemødets Time!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAXXXbbbbXbXXXX XXXXcXXcXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,18,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101 10101 1111101 1010111 1010101010111 11101110 11101110 1111110 11111010 11101 1110010 10111000 1110111 111 111 111111 1011101 11111 111 111 111011 11111 111111 1110101 1110101 101101 1111100 1011111 11111 110111 111111110 101111111 101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 459
- Average number of words per stanza: 90
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; det, over, og, som, jeg, kommer, ikke, saa, din are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words det, og, som, nu, hvis are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines time, drager, ikke are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Det Er Stævnemødets Time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jens Peter Jacobsen
- Analysis of Farer Hen, I Tomme Drømme!
- Analysis of Hvi Gjækker Mig Livet Stedse!
- Analysis of Evig Og Uden Forandring